So, our task this week is to do some photoshop stuff. I decided to use a door on the front of the house that I’m living in to mess around with photoshop. I figured that it was all red and there were 3 things on the door, how hard could it be? It was.
Looking at the picture at least to me, it doesn’t look very hard. I wanted to just move the things on the door around in different order. I had someone give me a tutorial because I was failing miserably. (At one point, all of the things on the door were on top of each other.)
Here is how I got to the image below, a short abridged version:
1. I used quick selection and selected everything I wanted to remove.
2. I used a layer mask and hid everything that I had selected.
3. I cleaned up the door with the content aware fill.
4. I then touched it up with clone stamp. (this part was awesome)
5. I moved the pieces into place in a different order.
6. It was then suggested to me to put an outer glow on the pieces so it looked better.
I am very happy with the finished product. I can see where I cut the pieces and they look a bit off to me. I am however very happy with the way the door looks after cleaning it up. I am sure that if I was better at photoshop and worked a little bit more on it, I would really like the result.